WCCS Holiday Wishes
24-Hour Emergency Shelter for Children Ages Birth-17
About the Warren County Children’s Shelter
Located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, the Warren County Children’s Shelter (WCCS) is a registered National Safe Place providing 24-hour, 7 days a week emergency shelter and diagnostic/evaluation services for abused, neglected, runaway, and homeless children and youth. The shelter offers a safe, home-like refuge for children and youth in need.
Who Do We Serve?
Children and adolescents ages birth to 17 in Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services’ (MDCPS) custody.
Adolescents (10-17) in crisis and need of emergency shelter who are runaways or homeless can be referred by self, law enforcement, school, Safe Place, or other.
What Services Does WCCS ProvideS
- Medical, dental, vision, and psychological care
- Crisis intervention
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Case management
- Behavior management
- Aftercare counseling services
- Non-residential intervention counseling for runaway and homeless youth and their families
- Referrals to necessary agencies
Non-residential and after care services to at-risk youth
The shelter provides off-site, non-residential, individual and family counseling for runaway and homeless youth who are residing or have resided in the shelter. This program is for at-risk adolescents ages 10-17, free of charge for up to 6 months. If you know a difficult adolescent who is threatening or at risk for running away, this program is for you.
How to Make a Referral
- Youth in custody of Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services are referred by a Social Worker.
- Runaway and homeless youth are referred by any source (self, parent, teacher, neighbor, law enforcement, etc).
- Please contact WCCS:
Support the Shelter
The Warren County Children’s Shelter is supported by private donors making monetary and in-kind gifts.
Do you, or does a child you know need shelter? Call the Warren County Children’s Shelter toll-free at 1-800-793-8266.