|Now is the time for us to think creatively about connections and socializing. An easy way to stay connected with Canopy is through social media. During the month of May, there will be many opportunities to get involved and stay connected. Through our #UnderTheCanopy campaign, we are highlighting everything Canopy has happening and ways YOU can come alongside us.
Here’s how you can lend a virtual helping hand:
- Follow Us: Start by following Canopy’s social media pages. From resources, activities, articles and videos, to encouraging messages and event updates, following Canopy’s social media pages is the first step to staying connected.
- Like, Tag, Share: Like our posts, tag your family and friends, share posts you think would be helpful to your social network during this time. At a glance, April and May are awareness months – Autism Awareness, Child Abuse Prevention, and Mental Health Awareness. Canopy has a big story to tell, so the more people we have help share it, the better.
- Join us for the 5K4Kids VIRTUAL event, starting May 2 and running through My 31! Register as a runner, walker, biker or swimmer. The virtual flexibility allows you to gear up and race your way by choosing your exercise activity, date, course location and pace.
- Family-friendly Activities: Time for some fun for the entire family! #FamilyFunFriday is coming each week with projects for you and your family. Once you’ve completed the activity, share a picture using #UnderTheCanopy and tag Canopy.
- Create A Personal Fundraiser: Share a mission moment with followers and create a Facebook fundraiser. Create a new post, click the “…” and select “Support Nonprofit,” select “Canopy Children’s Solutions.” Every gift matters, no matter the size, and will support Canopy’s transformative solutions for Mississippi’s most vulnerable during this time.
There are Endless Opportunities to stay connected outside of Canopy’s pages. Chat with friends and family over Facebook Live or Messenger, join a Facebook group specific to your interests and hobbies, or watch a Facebook Live to tour a museum, listen to a concert, or learn a new recipe.
Together, we will find JOY through connection.