Canopy’s CARES Schools in Hattiesburg and Jackson
CARES Schools are accredited, non-public schools designed to meet the educational and behavioral needs of students whose behavior prohibits participation in the public school setting. The goal of CARES School is for each student to live and learn effectively.
Our schools are located in Hattiesburg and Jackson and are accredited by the Mississippi Department of Education. The work completed at the CARES School is fully transferable to Mississippi public schools.
Who do we Serve?
- Students in grades 1-12
- Special Education Ruling in Emotional Disability, Other Health Impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Specific Learning Disabilities
- IQ of 61 or above
- Exhausted all possible courses of intervention available to them within the public school setting
What Features Does CARES School Provide?
CARES Schools provide quality, individualized instruction that meets the needs of each student. While attending CARES School, the child learns social, life, and leisure skills to maximizing their academic achievement. With small class sizes of eight to ten students, students get personal attention so they can attain their best. We provide a licensed teacher and a behavioral specialist for each classroom. With a multi-disciplinary strengths-based approach, each student participates on a child and family team to coordinate academic and behavioral health supports.
- Small class sizes
- Trauma-focused classrooms
- Licensed Teachers and Behavioral Educational Interventionists in each classroom
- Intense, individualized educational and therapeutic services that meet the needs of each student
- Specialized classrooms for children on the Autism Spectrum
- Solutions designed to improve relationships at home and in the community
- Access to a full continuum of services
- Extended school year
To Learn How to Make a Referral
Call 1-800-388-6247 to speak with a Canopy Children’s Solutions Care Coordinator.