Volunteering at Canopy Children’s Solutions
Become involved! Canopy Children’s Solutions offers numerous opportunities for you to join us in helping children thrive. We welcome volunteers who are passionate about working with children and serving their community.
The impact volunteers have on Canopy children is invaluable. The more positive interactions our kids experience, the more joy is brought into their lives. We deeply appreciate all of our volunteers and their efforts.
Volunteer opportunities vary in time requirements and length commitments. Most of our volunteer openings are fulfilled during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. There are some instances, such as special events, birthday parties, and toy drives, which may be scheduled during weekend or evening hours.
- Volunteer at a Canopy Children’s Solutions’ event
- Host a party, breakfast, or dance at Canopy’s schools or residential facility
- Teach job and interview skills
- Recruit foster parents
- Coordinate donation drives
- Teach our children a talent
- Play games or a sport with the children in our care
- Provide a personal service
- Offer spiritual guidance
- Read to our children
- Share your special talent with the children
- General handyman or grounds clean up/work day
We always welcome companies and their employees to volunteer together. Civic organizations, churches, or other groups bring important interaction with our kids, as well.
It is the obligation and policy of Canopy Children’s Solutions and its affiliates, Mississippi Children’s Home Society and Cares Center, Inc. to maintain the confidentiality of client information. Client information shall not be revealed to anyone without a properly authorized Release of Information. All volunteers are required to sign a confidentiality statement. Statements will be kept in file in the Compliance Office.