Receive a dollar-for-dollar Mississippi state tax credit while transforming children’s lives with Canopy!
Don’t Delay –
Submit On Jan 1
The Mississippi Children’s Promise Act provides a limited amount of tax credits per year.
a few highlights about…
- The state of Mississippi offers a tax credit for donations made to an Eligible Charitable Organization.
- The amount of the credits are limited to fifty percent (50%) of the taxpayer’s total income tax liability, fifty percent (50%) of the taxpayer’s total insurance premium tax liability and, in the case of taxpayers not operating as a corporation, fifty percent (50%) of the total real property ad valorem tax liability.
- Tax credits are limited and go quickly on January 1st of each year.
- Unused tax credits may be carried forward for 5 years.
- Applications for the tax credit must be made on official MS Dept. of Revenue forms.
- Canopy is ready to assist with the proper and timely submission of your form.
3 Easy Steps
Download and complete the MS Department of Revenue application for tax credit allocation and submit at midnight on January 1. Canopy is ready to assist with the proper and timely submission of your form.
Once you receive an allocation from the MS Department of Revenue, simply make a donation to Canopy to receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit up to 50% of your Mississippi state tax liability.
Send verification of the contribution to the MS Department of Revenue. Verification must be received within 60 days of receipt of notification of allocation.
PLEASE CONTACT HEIDI NOEL AT HEIDI.NOEL@MYCANOPY.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This information is not intended to give tax advice. Consult a tax professional regarding your specific tax situation.