We all know running is a great form of exercise, but what if it could transform the life of a child? Canopy Children’s Solutions is hosting its 5K4Kids Canopy Care Run presented by Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
This fundraising event, held at Colonial Heights Baptist Church in Ridgeland, will feature a 5K Run/Walk, One-Mile Fun Run for kids age 5-10, and a Tot Trot for preschool athletes. Awards will be presented to the overall male and female winners, along with age category winners and the top fundraising team. In addition to the race, the event will also feature the 5K4Kids Zone offering interactive activities and games for kids of all ages.
How can you help? There are several ways to get involved with the 5K4Kids event:
- Sign up to race. Whether you are an avid runner or prefer a steady stroll, 5K4Kids has a pace for you. Early registration for the 5K is $25 and includes a race day t-shirt, grab bag and invitation to enjoy the on-site vendors and activities following the race.
- Build a team. Encourage friends, co-workers, and neighbors to join you in participating in the race.
- Fundraise. Challenge family, friends and even your social media network to sponsor your run if they can’t participate themselves. The top fundraising team will receive special recognition during the awards ceremony as a special thanks from the thousands of children who will benefit from the money raised from this event.
- Volunteer. Every successful event has a hard-working team behind the scenes. Volunteering can include everything from assembling grab bags, to working registration to cheering runners on along the race route. Volunteers receive a 5K4Kids shirt.
- Sponsor. Event sponsorships start as low as $150 and showcase your commitment to helping children thrive. We welcome individual sponsorships as well as corporate sponsorships. All proceeds go to support child and family programs offered through Canopy Children’s Solutions. Click here to view our sponsorship opportunities.
Full details of the event, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities are outlined on the 5K4Kids official race site.
So, grab your FitbitTM, lace up your running shoes, and LET’S RUN WITH IT! Canopy believes every child can be a success story. With your help, that opportunity becomes reality.
To register or for full event details visit 5K4Kids.com or call Traci Grubb at 601-352-7784.