One in five children suffer from a treatable mental health challenge, of those only 20% get the treatment they need to heal. That equates to approximately 130,000 Mississippi youth struggling with a mental health challenge. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among teens and adolescents, most with an underlying behavioral health crisis at the time of death. Half of all behavioral health concerns onset before the age of 14.
Canopy Children’s Solutions is Mississippi’s most comprehensive nonprofit provider of children’s behavioral health, educational, and social service solutions. Our mission is to help children thrive and families overcome extraordinary challenges. We treat the wounds that you cannot see.
“For more than 100 years, Canopy has innovated solutions to solve the most vexing problems facing Mississippi’s children and families. We are honored to serve in this moment as we bring mental health to the forefront for our communities.” – John D. Damon, Ph.D., CEO, Canopy Children’s Solutions
Outcomes that Provide HOPE
Read Our Current Annual Report:
To learn more about individual Canopy solutions, please see below:
- Autism Solutions
- Behavioral Health Clinics
- Child Advocacy Centers
- Family Support Solutions
- Family Preservation and Reunification
- Residential Care
- Runaway and Homeless Youth Shelters
- Specialized Schools
- Therapeutic Foster Care
Ways to support Canopy and Mental Health:
- Participate in Illuminate Hope during World Mental Day on October 10.
- Be a Shine the Light on Mental Health Campaign Ambassador
- Every donation Canopy receives, provides HOPE to a child and family in crisis. Donate by clicking here.
- Pre-Order a Canopy Specialty Tag. Help Canopy’s butterfly soar statewide.