Training #1: September 22 & 23, October 6 & 7
- $1,000 – Early bird pricing until August 31, 2021
- $1,200 – Pricing from September 1-13, 2021
Training #2: October 18 & 19, November 3 & 4
- $1,000 – Early Bird Pricing until August 31 , 2021
- $1,200 – Pricing from September 1 – October 11, 2021
Location*: Canopy Children’s Solutions’ Gertrude C. Ford Training Center, 1465 Lakeland Drive, Jackson, MS 39216
Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Applications for continued education units have been submitted for educators and school administrators.
*This training may be switched to a virtual platform based on COVID case numbers in Mississippi. A decision will be made no later than 2 weeks before the training date.
SCI 401: LSCI Certification Training
The LSCI Certification training teaches relationship-building, brain-based de-escalation skills along with trauma-informed intervention strategies for reaching out to young people and turning problem situations into learning opportunities. In addition to the skills taught in the Talking with Students in Conflict, participants will learn:
How to carry out all six of the LSCI Interventions to bring about long-term behavioral changes in young people. In addition to the Red Flag and Reality Rub interventions, participants will learn:
- How to help young people who lack the social skills to be successful
- How to help young people who are purposefully aggressive with little conscience
- How to help young people who act impulsively, then become burdened by guilt & shame
- How to help young people who become entangled in destructive peer relationships
Rated as a Promising intervention by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse, LSCI Certification training offers advanced professional skills for teachers, special educators, school administrators, social workers, counselors, youth care workers, administrators, psychologists, and other professionals working with youth who exhibit challenging behaviors. It is particularly useful when team members are trained together. Certification in LSCI includes:
- A set of brain-based, trauma-informed, relationship-building skills
- A comprehensive Participant’s Manual covering the training and techniques
- The textbook Life Space Crisis Intervention: Talking with Students in Conflict
- Instructor-led teaching and modeling of intervention skills
- Real-life video sequences
- Structured and small group activities
- Realistic role-play activities
- Demonstration of skills requirement in order to earn certification
Upon successful completion of the training, participants receive a Certificate of Competency in Life Space Crisis Intervention from the LSCI Institute.