Canopy Children’s Solutions’ newest solution, LINK, connects families with state, local and federal community resources for times when families may have struggles with food stability, job loss or other situations that put stress on families.
“Canopy’s LINK program provides families with resources, support, education and the proper training needed to successfully care for their family in the home,” said Yolanda Wooten, statewide coordinator for LINK. “Our network of Family Navigators and Child & Family Advocates will connect families to resources that meet their family’s needs including services that enhance parenting skills and family preservation, while also educating individuals on resources for mental health, substance abuse services, and teen pregnancy. Our goal is to coach parents on self-care and self-control to promote and enable stronger families.”
Key features of the program include:
- Helping families navigate through community resources
- Enhancing parenting skills using Active Parenting
- Increasing assistance in accessing formal and informal supports
- Educating and linking family to mental health and substance abuse services
- Educating parents on self-care and self-control
- Providing teen pregnancy prevention and substance abuse training
LINK is a free service for families in Greenville, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Jackson, Meridian and Olive Branch.
If you are in need of assistance, contact a Canopy Children’s Solutions Care Coordinator at 800.388.6247. For additional information about LINK, click here.